attacke (Raspberry) Pi: Cool Stuff

The R-Pi ran hotter as I installed nginx, rvm and other programs. So I had to think again about the fan. My wonderfull Android App "RasPi Check" showed me that the temperature was about 49°C - 52°C as ruby 2.1.0 was compiling. So I had to think about the fan again.


After I tried to figure out a way to remote controll the fan via the GPIO, I noticed that there is a 3.3V output beside the 5V output. I don't had to solder a resistor on it to slow it down, yay! But I wanted a switch to turn the fan on or off manually, as long as I don't know how to do it with the GPIO (and I had a switch left in my solder-box. And, because I can).





It works as expected, the fan is no longer noisy and it cooles the core temperature down to 28°C - 31°C!

  

At this point I want to recommend the Android App "JuiceSSH".
"The all in one terminal client for Android including SSH, Local Shell, Mosh and Telnet support."